Coconut Flour Pancakes
taken from http://www.cheeseslave.com/coconut-flour-pancakes/
Makes about 6 pancakes
Eggs, preferably pastured (3)
Melted butter, preferably butter from grass-fed cows, or coconut oil — plus extra butter or coconut oil for cooking the pancakes (3 TBS) — where to buy coconut oil
Coconut milk or whole milk, preferably raw, from grass-fed cows (3 TBS) — where to buy coconut milk
Rapadura, you can also use raw honey or maple syrup (1 1/2 tsp) — where to buy rapadura
Sea salt (1 tsp) — where to buy sea salt
Coconut flour (3 TBS) — where to buy coconut flour
Optional: Baking powder, aluminum-free (1/2 tsp)
1. Using a wire whisk, mix together eggs, melted butter, milk, rapadura, and sea salt.
2. Continuing to whisk, add the baking powder and coconut flour until thoroughly mixed.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of butter (or coconut oil) in a skillet on a medium flame.
4. Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of batter onto skillet making pancakes about 3-4 inches in diameter.
5. Serve with lots of butter and real maple syrup, or if you’re on the GAPS diet, honey.
Notes: prepared August 25 2012 and they were really great! Double the recipe though, 6 small pancakes are not enough for leftovers (: