DELUXE HEALTH CEREAL (GRANOLA)
* 3C rolled oats
* 2C natural bran
* 1C wheat germ, 1 C sesame seeds
* 1C desiccated coconut, 1C shelled sunflower seeds unsalted
* 1C chopped nuts
* 1 C rye flakes, 2C wheat flakes
* 1 ½ C skim milk powder
* 1 ½ tsp cinnamon, 1 ½ tsp nutmeg, 1 ½ tsp salt
* 3 tsp vanilla
* 1C oil
* 2C liquid honey
* 2C raisins
* 1C dried prunes, 1C dried apricots, chopped
* option – dried apple or other dried fruit
1. In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
2. In a small bowl, combine vanilla, oil and honey.
3. Pour liquid over dry mixture and blend thoroughly. Divide mixture evenly onto 2 cookie sheets, spreading out over entire surface of trays.
4. Bake at 300* for 45 minutes, removing from oven and carefully tossing every 10 minutes making sure to blend in mixture from sides of pans where it tends to brown more easily.
5. Spoon from sheets into a large bowl and let cool for 20 minutes. Stir in dried fruit. Cool thoroughly, stirring occasionally and put into storage containers. Refrigerate if not used quickly.
Mary Moore Cookbook, 1978