2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped
3 tsp fresh lemon juice
2 large eggs
1/2 c + 1/8 c sugar, divided
medium pkg 473.18 ml heavy whipping cream
small pkg 236.59 ml milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Combine strawberries, lemon juice, and 1/8 cup sugar in a mixing bowl, set aside in fridge for 1 hour.
2. In large mixing bowl beat eggs until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
3. Gradually add 1/2 cups sugar, mixing well. Stir in milk and vanilla and mix well.
4. Add strawberries with juice and mix well.
5. Gently stir in whipping cream just until combined.
6. Pour into ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions.
7. I use a Donvier ice cream maker.