- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (14 oz.) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pitted and sliced kalamata olives
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large mint leaves, thinly sliced
- In a fine-mesh strainer, rinse quinoa well and drain.
- In a medium pot, combine quinoa and water. Bring to a boil, then cover and turn heat to low. Cook until all the water is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat, fluff the quinoa and transfer to a cookie sheet, spreading the quinoa in a thin layer, to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together cooled quinoa, chickpeas, tomatoes and kalamata olives. Stir well.
- For the dressing, whisk together white wine vinegar, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. While whisking constantly, slow pour in olive oil until combined.
- Pour the dressing over the quinoa salad, toss to coat and stir in fresh mint. Serve.