Serving Size: 8
for Vegan Banana Rhubarb Bread:
- 3 bananas mashed or pureed
- 1 – 1 & 1/2 cups rhubarb, cut in small pieces
- 1 cup sugar (can be 1/2 white 1/2 brown)
- 2 cups AP flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup soy milk with 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
to make the banana rhubarb bread:
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F (177 C)
- Spray a 8X4 loaf pan with oil.
- Clean and cut the rhubarb.
- Mash or puree the bananas.
- Place the flour, baking soda and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Add the prepared rhubarb and mix well to cover the rhubarb with flour. This keeps all the rhubarb from sinking to the bottom.
- Beat the sugar and vegan margarine together to a light fluffy mixture.
- Add the prepared bananas.
- Mix in the vanilla and soy milk with the vinegar.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry and mix until everything is evenly wet, but do not over mix.
- Pour the stiff batter into the loaf pan.
- Spread the top evenly and bake in the oven for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
Note: I think you could add one more banana and extra rhubarb