Spice Roasted Chicken Breasts with Lemon Slices
6 Points Plus Per Serving — Serves 6 (see NOTES)
By: Everyday Maven
- 1¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium organic lemons, washed and thinly sliced
- 3 lbs bone-in, skinless chicken breasts (usually 4 to 6 pieces)
- parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Begin by combining salt, pepper, paprika, oregano, cumin and olive oil until well mixed.
- Wash lemons and thinly slice.
- Place chicken breasts bone side down in a glass baking dish. Evenly coat with spice mixture and then top with lemon slices.
Bake uncovered for 50 to 55 minutes until chicken breasts reach an internal temperature of 165F. Remove the chicken breasts from the baking dish to a serving platter. Collect the pan juices and serve alongside the chicken as a sauce. Top chicken with a bit of chopped parley, Serve and Enjoy!